With over 1.3 million expatriates, this makes Australia one of the most popular destinations for British citizens to move to.
If you are moving to Australia from the UK, our experienced International Move Coordinators can handle every part of the process. Whether you know already what shipping service you require or not, we’re ready to help. With our experience and number of moves we have going to Australia on a regular basis, we can provide competitive rates on groupage and full container loads.Talk to us
Sydney is our most popular city to carry out our moving services to in Australia. Our move coordinators have a wealth of experience with moving current UK citizens to Sydney, Australia. We’ll take care of all your requirements whether from packing and customs clearance to storage and moving your pets. This way, you can simply look forward to living in the beautiful Australian weather.Contact us
Our groupage removal service to Australia is a cost-effective option for smaller consignments that are less than a full container load.
If you are looking to move most-of or the entire contents of your home to Australia, then it is likely that our full container service will be best suited to you. Wherever possible we will load your container outside your residence in the UK and Australia, making this the most time-effective option.
If you are only moving a small amount of possessions then air freight is the fastest method available at 5 to 10 days. This is perfect for small consignments or single-person moves.
Below is a list of the documentation required when moving to Australia. Our International Move Coordinators will be able to talk you through all the documentation you need.
– Passport copy
– Visa copy (If not using an Australian passport)
– Full Australian and UK address
– Inventory of everything going (Williams & Yates team will complete)
– Unaccompanied Personal Effects Statement (B534 Form)
– Original bill of lading
– All household effects going into Australia have a physical examination, completed by the Australian Inspection Service (AQIS).
– Providing all goods are household effects that are less than 12 months old, shipments are duty free.
– Alcohol is subject to duty. It you do opt to transport alcohol, the inventory must be completed with the value, volume and percentage alcohol content.
– Medication should not be transported unless prescribed by a doctor, this will need to be produced at customs.
– Foods including but not limited to Fresh fruit & vegetables, meat, dairy and grains etc.
– Weapons and explosives including, firearms, fireworks and martial arts weapons.
– Plants including flowers, dried plants, seeds, soil and buds.
– Any item imported without an Australian import permit may result in a fine or a jail term in extreme circumstances.
When moving to Australia you may decide that you wish to take your car with you. But before doing so there are a number of considerations you need to be aware of. Your car must meet Australia’s safety standards, emission standards and import approval guidelines.
You will be unable to import your car to Australia if you have not obtained import approval, most likely on a personal use basis. Getting an import approval can take up to 20 working days to be completed with the application costing $50 Australian Dollars. Australia tends to only allow vehicles to enter the country in special circumstances and without approval your vehicle will not be released from the Department of Home Affairs. Please speak to us if you need any guidance.