With our unrivalled global network of partners, your move to Canada will be as smooth as maple syrup on blueberry pancakes.
Whether you’re moving just yourself or your whole family, our International Moving Coordinators are here to ensure you have an effortless move to Canada. With our range of shipping options, experienced Coordinators and global partners, our moving experiences are always created with you in mind.Talk to us
Moving to Canada is a very popular destination for British people looking to work and live abroad. Canada is a vast country and with many popular cities. Some of the most popular cities for expats and places we regularly move people and their belongings to include:
With our unrivalled network of global partners and dedicated International Moving Managers our moving services are designed to let you enjoy the excitement of moving to a new country without any worry. Whether it’s clearing customs, bespoke packaging or fast shipments our team is ready to support your move every step of the way.Contact us
Our groupage removal service to Canada is a cost-effective option for smaller consignments that are less than a full container load.
Usually when moving a family-sized home from the UK to Canada a full container is required.. The container will only be used for your belongings which also provides a more time-effective solution option.
For smaller consignments you may wish to opt for our transportation by air. This is a much faster way to get your belongings to Canada.
When moving to Canada with Williams and Yates you will have the assurance that you are dealing with professionals who know what they are doing. During your move, we will be on hand at any point during your removal process to assist with all paperwork and documentation as well as any questions that you may have during the move.
While the below is a guideline for your move to Canada, we’re always on hand to manage every single aspect of your move.
– Passport including photo page
– Visa (where applicable)
– Full inventory of items being shipped (appliances and electronics require model and serial number)
– Work permit (where applicable)
– Importers declaration for customs
– Upon arrival at customs, stop and declare ‘Goods to follow’, customs form requires stamping with a copy of the inventory
– All shipments are subject to inspection
– New items (less than 6 months old) require receipts in the event of items being questioned
– Returning Canadians who have lived outside of Canada between 1 to 5 years can import household personal effect free of duty
– Items cannot be lent or sold within 1 year of importation
– Alcohol is subject to duty, when opting to ship alcohol the inventory must completed to include the value, volume and percentage alcohol content
– Canada is many restrictions on meats, dairy, fruit and vegetables and it is strongly advised not to avoid
– Tobacco products
– Live plants can be imported but require inspection
– Office equipment (New or used)
– Commercial quantities of any item or product
– Radio equipment (i.e Walkie Talkies)
– Any item over $10,000 Canadian Dollars is dutiable
– Narcotics/illegal drugs
– Weapons, explosives and ammunition
– Products originating from Haiti, including drums made of animal skin
If you are thinking of shipping your Car to Canada, there a several factors that you will need to consider first. Canada has strict requirements when importing cars and you will need to ensure that the car adheres to Canadian customs. Canadian Border Services Agency prohibits the importation of cars and vehicles unless the following applies:
In addition to customs clearance and all requirements being met upon arrival, it is a condition that the vehicle is cleaned thoroughly prior to importation. Upon arrival in Canada, the vehicle may be subject to customer and quarantine examination. And, in the event of the vehicle having traces of mud, plant and other organic matter, additional cleaning may be required.