From kick-off to touchdown our experienced International Moving Coordinators our here to take care of your move from the UK to the USA.
The USA is one of our most popular destinations to move families and individuals currently living in the UK. Whether you’re starting a new life or you need to move all your precious belongings across the Atlantic Ocean, our team of experienced International Moving Coordinators are here to manage every aspect of your move from start to finish.
The first step to get your move to the USA started is to contact us and arrange for one of our expert surveyors to assess your move and generate your detailed quote. We can do this on-site at your home, or virtually via a smartphone. We’ll also talk you through how the process will work and any relevant customs that may apply.Talk to us
America is one of the most popular destinations we move our clients to. Some of the most popular areas for expats and places we regularly move people and their belongings to include:
Our shared container service to the USA provides and excellent cost-effective option for smaller consignments that are less than a full container load.
If you are moving the entire content of the family home to the USA, then our dedicated container service may be the best option for you.
If you’re only moving a smaller amount of belongings to the USA then our air freight service is the fastest way to get your belongings to from the UK to the USA.
During your move to the USA, we will be on hand at any point during your removal process to assist with all paperwork and documentation as well as any questions that you may have during the move. For now, here is an indication of what you’ll need to prepare for your move:
– Copy of passport
– Copy of visa (when not using a US passport)
– Full address in UK and USA
– Inventory of belongings
– Unaccompanied articles form
– Original bill of lading
– 3299 customs form
– Power of attorney
– Household & personal effects can generally be imported into the USA duty free, proving they have been your property and used accordingly for the 12 months prior to them being shipped to the USA.
– For any items that are less than 12 months old, receipts must be provided as they are subject to taxes and duties.
– Important note, you need to be in the USA prior to the arrival of your shipment.
– Alcohol & Tobacco
– Food, including but not limited to; tinned fruit and vegetables, dairy products and beverages
– Pirate copies of copyrighted items
– Ammunition, explosives and firearms
– Drugs and narcotics
You may decide to take your car to the USA and you will need to know what is involved prior to moving. Our move coordinators will be able to help you with this. In anticipation you will need to determine whether your car is eligible to be shipped to the USA:
Speak with us regarding shipping a car to the USA for further information.