The most important aim at Williams & Yates is to ensure that everyone goes home safely at the end of every day. To this end, we maintain the highest reasonable and practical standards of health and safety and are concerned with the welfare and well-being of all company employees or anyone else who may be affected by our working practices.
Williams & Yates recognises that a productive health and safety culture has positive benefits to the organisation and is committed to continually monitoring, and revising necessary, the health and safety policy. It also recognises that health and safety is a business function and must, therefore, continually progress and adapt to the changes. Adequate planning, monitoring and review of the implementation of the health and safety policy will be carried out on a regular basis.
Williams & Yates aims and objectives for health and safety are:
Providing and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment
– To adopt as a minimum, the legally required standards but to exceed these where there is the or a demonstrable benefit, and to endeavour to ensure that all relevant statutes, regulations and codes of practice are complied with.
– To promote a proactive approach to identifying hazards, assessing risks related to them and implementing appropriate preventative and protective measures.
– To have a system whereby accidents and nearby misses can be reported, fully investigated and have appropriate action taken to reduce the likelihood of occurrence.
Establishing and enforcing safe methods of work
– To constantly improve health and safety standards and performance.
– To recruiting and appointing personnel who have the skills, abilities and competence to perform their role.
– To ensure that employees are only tasked with the roles to perform within their skills, knowledge and ability.
– To consult with employees for matters affecting staff, the public or anyone else who may be involved.
– To provide the necessary information, instruction and training to all employees and others to ensure their competence with respect to health and safety.
– To maintain technical competence through the provision of training courses as appropriate.
The team at Williams & Yates went above and beyond for our recent move within London. They seemed so helpful throughout the whole process and all the people we dealt with couldn’t do more to help. The company seems to have a great ethos!
Book your survey
To book or ask us a question, call us on 0208 081 0188 or get in touch.